Compare The Top 10 Internet Security Software of 2017
We tested, compared, and rated the leading Internet Security software. Here are the results:
*Fees for virus removal may apply in some cases.
Explanation of Features
- Malware Protection: Malware is the universal label for viruses, trojans, rootkits, bootkits, spyware, and any other crap the bad guys want to install onto your PC. So, how well does the Internet Security Software work against these threats?
- Low Resource Usage: Keeping a PC secure is one thing, but at what cost? If your PC becomes so slow it's unusable, what's the point? So, how well does the software do its job while still letting you do yours?
- Social Network Protection: Threats on Facebook and Twitter are just the start. So, how well does the software protect against threats found on social media sites?
- USB Scanning: As surprising as it might sound, not every product out there automatically protects you against threats on USB devices. So, which ones do?
- Email Scanning: Although it's one of the oldest places malware can get into your PC, it's still one of the most common. So, how well does the software protect you against threats that come via email?
- Easy to Use: Every product claims to be easy to use. Some are. Some aren't. So, how well do they compare in ease of use?
- Tech Support: Hidden fees. Upsells. Off-shore call centers. Outsourced support. All kinds of shenanigans. Luckily, not every antivirus software plays games with their tech support. So, which ones do support well?